About this course
What is this course about?
Been invited to an interview and looking to prepare, perfect your pitch and overcome any nervousness you may be feeling? Wanting to simulate the interview situation because “training is everything”?
Why you should do it?
Making a good first impression is critical to your chances of advancing the interview process and ultimately helping you to get the job offer you seek. You have made it to the interview stage – now you want to nail it. Our interview preparation is designed to help you perfect your pitch, respond clearly and concisely to even the most difficult questions and address any concerns you may have.
What will you get?
2hrs of 1:1 with one of our WYW mentors
- 30min: For your mentor to understand the position you are applying for and clarify questions you may have upfront
- 60min: Conduct a mock interview
- 30min: Feedback and debrief after the mock interview to provide you with clear feedback to strengthen your interview skills and perfect your pitch and presentation
How does it work?
- As soon as you sign up, your WYW mentor will contact you to schedule the first 30min intro session, which will be a skype call
- Before the intro session, you email your mentor the job description you are being interviewed for, as well as your related application (CV, cover letter)
- During the intro session, you schedule the 90min mock interview and feedback/debrief session, which will be a skype call
- In the 90min you will simulate an interview situation with the WYW mentor in which the WYW mentor takes the position of the interviewer. After the mock interview, the WYW mentor will provide you with detailed feedback
I really wanted that job ... and finally I got the interview invitation ... and I just did not want to mess it up.
I was not aware how I came across in an interview situation - until I got the feedback from Briera, my WYW mentor. That was an eye-opener. In hindsight, it allowed me to improve a lot, very quickly. Because there were obvious things I could do that would dramatically improve how I came across.
I just wanted to train the interview. In fact I booked 3 sessions - where else can you train under "real" conditions, but in a friendly environment.
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.