Going Abroad Mentoring€360
About this course
What is this course about?
Wanting to move abroad and looking for guidance to identify suitable opportunities or structure your job search?
Why you should do it?
Moving abroad offers a high potential for professional advancement and the promise of a new adventure – often with new or improved language skills. However, each market is different and navigating the best approach to identify and approaching companies in unfamiliar territory can be overwhelming. Our Going Abroad package is designed to help you guide you through this process and provide you with tricks and tools to identify opportunities suited to your interests.
What will you get?
3hrs of 1:1 with one of our WYW mentors:
- 30min: Understand your background, current job situation, future objectives and what kinds of jobs/sectors you are interested in exploring
- 2* 60min: Together with your mentor, define opportunities and concrete actions to advance your move – between sessions you follow through with your agreed upon actions
- 30min: In a final session, you conclude your career advancement planning together with your mentor
All session will require from you a structured preparation and will result in action items for you to follow up with. Together with your mentor you can adjust the length and timings of the sessions to best meet your needs.
How does it work?
- As soon as you sign up, your WYW mentor will contact you to schedule the first 30min session, which will be a skype call
- During this session, you will then define the exact timing and length of the other sessions to best fit your situation and goals. This is a 100% personalized program, tailor-made for your individual needs
I thought it was impossible to go abroad and work/travel. This program proved me wrong.
This program helped me move to my dream city Barcelona. My WYW mentor helped me think through that process and then take the first steps. I am writing this as I sit in a language course close to the sea in Barcelona!!!
I wanted to move to Australia, to work in the water industry there. WYW helped me to define how I get there - in fact, I asked them later to write my CV and cover letter, too ... I am in Australia now. It is great.
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.